We look forward to an interesting and formative year of work and invite you to join us in paying attention to staple texts in Freud in this series of workshops. We aim to accompany Freud in the formative steps, through those traces rendered by the text, in his approaches to the investigation of psychopathology that came to be termed ‘psychoanalysis’.
With Lacan as our principle companion we labour to realise psychoanalysis, without whose assistance we are gripped by a real that not only remains opaque but often
presents to us as a persecutory.
The meetings of this study group will begin in October 2014.
The meetings will durate for a year, taking place once a month.
Facilitator of the study group: Angelos Tsialides
Reading Freud with Lacan:
– The Uncanny (1919h) with ‘From the Cosmos to the Unheimlich’
– Mourning and Melancholia (1915) with ‘Television: A Challenge to the Psychoanalytic Establishment’
– ‘On Narcissism, An Introduction’ (1914c) with ‘The Mirror Stage as Formative of the I Function as Revealed in Psychoanalytic Experience’ 
– ‘On The Psychical Mechanism of Hysterical Phenomena’ (1893) with ‘Remarks on Hysteria’
– ‘Notes Upon A Case of Obsessional Neurosis’ (1909d) with ‘The Neurotic’s Individual Myth’
– ‘Neurosis and Psychosis’(1924), ‘Loss of Reality in Neurosis and Psychosis’ (1924c) with ‘On a Question Prior to Any Possible Treatment of Psychosis 
1 Freud, S (1919h) SE VII The Standard Edition of the Complete Psychological Works of Sigmund Freud, (London, Hogarth, 1956–1974). General Editor, James Strachey.
2 Lacan, J. (2014) “From the Cosmos to the Unheimlich”, Chapter III of Anxiety, The Seminar of Jacques Lacan, Book X, Edited by Jacques-Alain Miller (London, Polity)
3 Freud, (1915) SE XIV
4 Lacan, J. (1990) ‘Television: A Challenge to the Psychoanalytic Establishment’
5 Freud (1914c) SE SE XIV
6 Lacan, J. Écrits: The first complete edition in English’, translated by Bruce Fink, (New York, Norton) 2006 (p 75-81)
7 Freud, (1893) SE III
8 Lacan, J. Intervention in Brussels, published in Quarto (Belgian Supplement to La lettre mensuelle de l’École de la cause freudienne), 1981, n° 2. Transcription, Translated by Jack W. Stone
9 Lacan, J. “The Neurotic’s Individual Myth”. In The Psychoanalytic Quarterly 48 (1979): 405-25
10 Lacan, J. Écrits: The first complete edition in English’, translated by Bruce Fink, (New York, Norton) 2006 (p445-486)